Microsoft Outlook Setup (Archive 2010)
When configuring Microsoft Outlook with your Cloud Exchange account it will attempt to Auto Discover your Mail Settings. If your domain is not configured with the correct auto discover records it will be unable to. Below is a step by step guide to configuring Microsoft Outlook with our Cloud Exchange Mailbox with OC Cloud 9
Configure Microsoft Outlook Step-By-Step
- Launch Outlook
- choose Yes to the Question Do you want to setup Outlook to connect to an email account.
- Enter your Name, Email Address, and type in your password twice. ( This will allow Microsoft Outlook to auto-discover your settings. You may choose Manual setup or additional server types and proceed to step X if you have done this already and failed.)
- Outlook will search for your mail settings – Notifiy you it failed – try again with less security – and fail again
- check the Change Account settings checkbox
- choose Microsoft Exchange Server or Compatible service
- enter The following information in the fields – Server: CloudExchange.occloud9.com – User Name: your email address – Make sure Use Cached Exchange Mode is checked. ( in Outlook 2013 you can specify how much older mail to keep offline)
- Click the More settings button
- In the new window go to the connection Tab
- Check Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP and click the Exchange Proxy Settings button
- In the new window set all of the settings as follows – Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange: https:// owa.occloud9.com – Connect Using SSL only: Checked – Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate: checked – msstd:*.occloud9.com – On fast networks, connect using http first, then connect using TCP/IP: checked – on Slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP: checked – Use this authentication when connecting to my proxy server for Exhange: Basic Authentication
- click OK on the Proxy settings window, then OK on the Microsoft Exchange Window. You may get a promt that states “You must restart Outlook for these changes to take effect”, press OK
- Press the Check Names button, you will get a Windows Security Prompt.
- Please provide your User name as your Email Address and your password. Check the Remember my Credentials to have Outlook remember you and not prompt you again until you change your password ( Note this does not work on all versions of Outlook )
- If all is set correctly the information in the server and user name fields will become underlined. click next
- Outlook is now configured with your Cloud Exchange account. Click Finish to launch out look
- If you did not check Remember my Credentials Outlook will again prompt you for your User name and Password.
- Some Versions of Microsoft Outlook will never remeber your User name and Password.